If you meet the hardware requirements, you can request the CFD calculation software here.
"Driverless LED ...":
Not as big as it sounds: One has to be aware that LEDs without drivers operated directly to alternating voltage will flicker with it's maximum or stroboscope-like.
According to DIN EN 12464-1 / -2, stroboscopic flicker must be avoided at workplaces.
You should in any case obtain information about the light flicker from your vendor.
The assertion of flicker-free can not be correct for illuminants that flicker more than the incandescent bulb. Here is the list of marketers who still do.
On 16./17. In April, a working meeting of the International Electrotechnical Commission
IEC TC34 WG5 took place in the Osram-Lighthouse, Munich, which was scheduled for 30 members from 13
nations. Der Lichtpeter was also invited to this meeting and presented the CFD and the TLA as a combination of PstLM and SVM.
The top experts of this round agreed: Technically, the procedures are flawless and well worked out.
By 12-Feb-2018, 5pm: LiTG: Lecture "Flicker on light sources" at KIT Karlsruhe (DE).
22-Feb-2018: Interview with the magazine LiCHT, Munich: Lightflicker (DE)
15-Nov-2017: On the Website Open Forum in EuP
Network Germany there is to read:
"Product properties: Light flicker: Discussion text by Peter Erwin".
In the latest issue of the US LEDs Magazine, an article has been published in which Peter Shackle
and Der Lichtpeter present the CFD as the only suitable measurement for complex periodic light signals.
Last update of this homepage: 11-Oct-2018:
- 27-Sep-2018: Successfull speech at the symposium LpS 2018.
- 21-Aug-2018: Advisory Board Meeting at BAM in Berlin for the new Ecodesign Directive.
- 13-Aug-2018: Member of the International Commission on Illumination research forum RF-02.
- 01-Jun-2018: Submission of conference proceedings for the speech at LpS 2018.
- 01-May-2018: Appointment to IEC: TC 34 / WG 5 as an additional associate.
- 16-Apr-2018: Active participation in the working meeting of WG 5 of the IEC : TC34 in Munich.
- 25-Mar-2018: More than 250 illuminants reviewed on Amazon (DE).
- 12-Feb-2018: LiTG: Lecture "Flicker on light sources" at KIT Karlsruhe (DE).
- 08-Feb-2018: The ALDI-Süd special offer of the week (DE).
- 01-Jan-2018: In the testlist now more than 1000 products in DIY stores and online shops.
- 21-Nov-2017: Advisory Board Meeting at BAM in Berlin for the new Ecodesign Directive.
- 11-Nov-2017: Radio show on Radio Querfunk Karlsruhe 104,8 MHz about light and light flicker.
- 29-Sep-2017: Delivery of the first CFD measuring instrument to TÜV SÜD.
- 26-Sep-2017: Visit of LpS 2017, further deepening of contacts and mediation of the CFD.
- 15-Aug-2017: In the testlist now more than 900 products in DIY stores and online shops.
- 10-Jul-2017: More than 150 illuminants reviewed on Amazon (DE).
- 20-May-2017: Renewal of these websites by Hanna Wagner, Onlinemanagement für KMU
- 12-Apr-2017: In the testlist now more than 800 products in DIY stores and online shops.
- 02-Apr-2017: Article: LEDs Magazine: With Peter Shackle: Understand a new flicker metric...
- 21-Mar-2017: KEK practical seminar: Innovative lighting systems (DE)
- 13-Feb-2017: Now as an online article: Lightflicker: Cause and correct measurement (DE)
- 13-Feb-2017: WDR5, Leonardo Interview at 1h:08 of the radio broadcast: Flicker (DE)
- 13-Feb-2017: The ALDI-Süd special offer of the week (DE).
- 05-Jan-2017: The Dimming Profile expresses the behavior of the dimmer in a simple measure.
- 31-Dec-2016: Too bad that Wolfgang Messer closes his blog fastvoice.net, it is
a loss of a very valuable, praiseworthy, great work.
- 03-Nov-2016: Over 700 test results: the driverless are striking.
- In the March 2016 issue of the electronics journal published by all-electronics.de
- 14-Dec-2015: An interview with Prediger-Lichtjournal from Hamburg: